News and Rumors are gathered from various different sources. All rumors are rumors and are to be taken as such.
- At this year's Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party, a new stage show calleed The Hocus Pocus Villain Spelltacular will bring the fantastically evil Sanderson Sisters to the Castle stage where they will run amuck. With the help of the Disney villains, the three sisters, Winifred, Mary, and Sarah will conjure the ultimate Hocus Pocus Party Potion. The show will also feature appearances by Dr. Facilier, Oogie Boogie, Maleficent, as well as other favorite baddies. To round things out there will be dancers, projections, and special effects. The show will be replacing the Villains Mix and Mingle.
- The Walt Disney World Railroad will be closed from September 28 through November 5.
- First details have been announced for the 2015 Epcot Food and Wine Festival. New dining options for 2015 will include things like Pepper Bacon Mac ‘n Cheese at the Farm Fresh Marketplace; the Scottish Citrus Thistle at the Scotland Marketplace; Seared Venison Loin with Wild Mushroom Ragout and Kumara Dumpling at the New Zealand Marketplace; and Grilled Sweet and Spicy Bush Berry Shrimp with Pineapple, Peppers, Onions and Snap Peas at the Australia Marketplace. Celebrity chefs for this year's premium events include Cat Cora, Jamie Deen, Robert Irvine, Rock Harper, Kenny Gilbert, Buddy Valastro, and John Ash. The Ocean Spray Cranberry Bog will be returning for 2015. New this year will be Remy’s Ratatouille Hide & Squeak, which invites kids of all ages to join a World Showcase scavenger hunt for little Remy statuettes hidden around the park’s World Showcase. The Chase Lounge will be returning to the American Adventure Pavilion, where guests who own a Chase debit or credit card will find complimentary refreshments and interactive fun. Finally, there will be quite a few new premium events including the new “French Family Meal Traditions” lunch on Fridays and Sundays; new “Rockin’ Burger Block Party” on select dates; and new beverage events to include “Exploring Wines from 1996 to Now” that salutes the festival’s 20th year.
- In addition, the full line up for the Eat to the Beat Concert Series has been announced. It includes:
- David Cook – September 25-27
- Wilson Phillips – September 28-29
- Christopher Cross – September 30-October 1
- Starship – October 2-4
- Smash Mouth – October 5-7
- The Pointer Sisters – October 8-9
- 38 Special – October 10-11
- Rick Springfield – October 12-13
- Sugar Ray – October 14-16
- The S.O.S. Band – October 17-18
- Air Supply – October 19-21
- Fuel – October 22-23
- Tiffany (NEW!) – October 24-25
- Dennis DeYoung – October 26-28
- Jo Dee Messina – October 29-30
- Everclear (NEW!) – October 31-November 1
- Boyz II Men – November 2-4
- Sister Hazel – November 5-6
- Big Bad Voodoo Daddy – November 7-9
- Hanson – November 10-12
- Maxi Priest (NEW!) – November 13-14
- Chaka Khan (NEW!) – November 15-16
Disney's Hollywood Studios
- The Great Movie Ride has finally been updated with Turner Classic Movies branding. In the queue, families will enjoy new digital movie posters. In addition, there is a new pre-ride video with TCM host Robert Osborne who provides illuminating insights from the movies. The finale will feature an all-new montage of classic movie moments. Finally, after Guests exit the attraction, they will have a new photo opportunity with the classic handprints that are famous outside of Grauman's Chinese Theater.
Disney's Animal Kingdom
- Flame Tree Barbeque is now expected to see its refurbishment until late June.
- Harambe Market will see the opening of another shop, Zuri's Sweets beginning sometime in June.
General Walt Disney World News
- Big changes have taken place with the Disney Dining Plan. The changes include more flexibility and choice in using entitlements, including substitutions, who can use meal entitlements, and expanded snack offerings. The full list of changes can be found here.
- Beginning June 1, Senses - A Disney Spa at Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort and Disney’s Saratoga Springs Resort will offer a new men's experience called the Soothing Gentlemen's Facial which is designed to refresh and revitalize. This new spa experience is offered for 25 minutes for $70 or 50 minutes for $135.
- Rapid Fill Refillable Mugs have seen a pricing change. The cost is now $16.49 for the entire length of stay, no matter the length. This hasn't been rolled out in full yet, only at some of the resorts, but it would indicate that it is headed to the rest of them.
- Disney may be considering tiered pricing based on the day of the week and the month you want to visit the parks.
|Please purchase a subscription through this link and help support this blog|