News and Rumors are gathered from various different sources. All rumors are rumors and are to be taken as such.
- Aunt Polly's at Tom Sawyer's Island is open for the busy Spring Break season, until April 11. The restaurant is serving turkey sandwiches and PBJ.
- Captain EO is out and the Tomorrowland preview is in. (At least temporarily, they say.) The preview will be shown in Imagination Theater in April.
Disney's Hollywood Studios
- D-Tech Me is returning for Star Wars Weekends. This year, guests can choose from one of six characters to get in 3D figurine form. They are TIE Fighter Pilot, Jedi Knight, Alderaan Princess, X-Wing Pilot, Stormtrooper, and Carbonite.
- Studio Catering Co. will see a new menu. Items include: Deli Sandwich with ham, salami, pepperoni, Provolone cheese, creamy pesto spread, pepper relish and Balsamic glaze; braised pulled brisket sandwich with Munster cheese, arugula, and horseradish; vegetable wrap with garlic herb spread; and a Panini with turkey, Swiss, Provolone and honey mustard with tomato basil soup.
- The United World Soccer Shop is closing and in its place will be the new Super Hero Headquarters. It will open in early May and feature popular superhero-themed merchandise.
- Trader Sam's at Disney's Polynesian Village Resort is currently in soft opening. It will have an official opening sometime in April. The lounge is open from 4:00 p.m. until midnight.
General Walt Disney World News
- SMS Audio has partnered with Disney. They will be sponsoring Star Tours, as well as other events within Disney.
- Steam is picking up on the Adventureland Veranda restaurant becoming a Jungle Cruise restaurant. It's said it will be a Quick Service at lunch and Table Service at dinner.
- The Innoventions Chase Disney Visa meet and greet could potential close in April too.
|Download the all NEW Disney Food Blog Guide to Walt Disney World Dining! Read about all the fantastic delights the parks have to offer!|