- Tortuga Tavern has a brand-new menu featuring barbecue offerings include barbecue sandwiches with pulled pork, sliced beef brisket or grilled chicken breast, all served on Texas toast with beans and cole slaw. Tortuga Tavern will continue to operate seasonally.
- The taping of the ABC Christmas Day Parade will be held on November 10 – 13 and will be called the “Disney Parks Unforgettable Christmas Celebration”.
- Soarin’ will be closed for a lengthy refurbishment from January 4 and reopening in the summer of 2016.
- The full list of narrators for Candlelight Processional at Epcot has been announced. The narrators include:
- Gary Sinise – November 27 to 29
- Neil Patrick Harris – November 30 to December 3
- Whoopi Goldberg – December 4 and 5
- Joe Morton – December 6 to 8
- Ana Gasteyer – December 9 to 11
- Meredith Vieira – December 12 to 14
- America Ferrera – December 15 to 17
- Chandra Wilson – December 18 to 20
- Daniel Dae Kim – December 21 to 23
- Edward James Olmos – December 24 to 26
- Blair Underwood – December 27 to 28
- Amy Grant – December 29 to 30
Disney's Hollywood Studios
- Beginning December 4, Sunset Showcase will initially open at the end of Sunset Blvd with Club Disney where Guests can join Mickey Mouse and friends on the dance floor in this electric club environment dancing to Radio Disney Top 40 songs. Club Disney will also feature a cool seating area and snack station, where Guests can refuel.
- To celebrate the opening of the new “Star Wars: The Force Awakens” film, there will be an opening night event on December 17. Guests will be able to see one of the first public showings of the film at the AMC in Disney Springs and then enjoy a private, after-hours party at Disney’s Hollywood Studios that will last until 2:00 a.m. The party will include access to the new Star Wars Launch Bay, Star Tours – The Adventures Continue, and a DJ dance party. The night will be capped off with the preview of a new fireworks spectacular set to the iconic “Star Wars” score. Ticket prices reflect a variety of format options for the movie, including 2D ($94.99), 3D ($98.99) and 3D ETX ($99.99). All ticket options will include access to the party at Disney’s Hollywood Studios.
- The Marketplace Co-Op will soon open a new retail shop known as Twenty Eight & Main featuring stylish men’s clothing and accessories. The Trophy Room will close to make way for Twenty Eight & Main and its last day of operation is November 1. Twenty Eight & Main will open on November 6.
General Walt Disney World News
- Flying Fish Café on Disney’s BoardWalk, will close for several months for a reimagination beginning February 1. In addition to a whole new look, the restaurant will also have a new menu when it reopens (some Guests’ favorites will remain). The completely reimagined dining room will still feature an onstage kitchen while incorporating an airier design, with more room for the popular Chef’s Counter and wine dinners.
|Please purchase a subscription through this link and help support this blog|