The stage show is a staple amongst Disney theme parks. They share the drama and the beauty of classic Disney stories with gorgeous costumes, beautiful singing, and spirited dancing for the audience to enjoy. Some are even Broadway caliber. There really is a stage show for everyone and the best part is that stage shows can be enjoyed by all ages!
So today, I'm sharing the best of the best - The Top 7 Must see Walt Disney World Stage Shows!
- Dream Along With Mickey: This show, which takes place at the Magic Kingdom's Castle Stage, has guests help to prepare for a big party. Of course, something dark is lurking with evil and nightmares threatening to take over the kingdom. Can Donald and crew save the day? This show has some fun songs and of course, fireworks! This is one of the few shows where Mickey and Gang's mouths move and eyes blink, which helps to add a sense of realism, for sure! The show lasts about 20 minutes and takes place multiple times a day.
- Beauty and the Beast - Live on Stage: This show, which plays in the Theater of the Stars at Disney's Hollywood Studios, relives the magic that is Beauty and the Beast and it features many of the songs that helped to make the movie famous! It features gorgeously appointed costumes and terrific singing. Do keep in mind that it takes place in an open-air theater. The show lasts about 25 minutes and Guests can make FastPass+ reservations for it.
- For the First Time in Forever - A Frozen Sing-Along Celebration: Frozen was a smash hit that many didn't see coming. So, when Disney rolled out the Frozen Summer Fun event last year, they threw in this little stage show into the Premiere Theater at Disney's Hollywood Studios. The show, which is a comedic retelling of the story of Frozen from the Royal Arendelle Historians, also features audience participation sing-along moments. Do keep in mind that while Anna, Elsa, and Kristoff are all in the show, the focus is on the sing-along and the retelling of the story. This show will be moving to the Hyperion Theater this summer...and I would suspect that we may see it there for quite a while. The show lasts about 30 minutes and Guests can make FastPass+ reservations for it.
- Jedi Training Academy: This show gets the kiddos involved! It takes place Here, those ages 4 to 12 can become junior Jedi Knights learn the ways of the Force as they prepare to battle the Dark Side. Due to the limited number of Guests able to participate, Guests must sign their children up at park opening at the ABC Sound Studio and slots are available on a first-come, first-served basis. The show takes place on a small outdoor stage, right next door to Star Tours and lasts about 20 minutes.
- Fantasmic: Looking for the ultimate live stage show evening finale? Then look no further than Disney's Hollywood Studios nighttime spectacular Fantasmic! This show brings to life your favorite heroes, princesses, and of course, Disney Villains. Fantasmic takes you into the imagination of Sorcerer Mickey as he brings your favorite Disney characters to his dreams. Though the Villains take over and wreak havoc. Can Mickey save the day? This show features fireworks, water screens, and lots of characters. It lasts approximately 30 minutes and Guests can make FastPass+ reservations for it.
- Festival of the Lion King: The show is the one that many say is the best show in all of Walt Disney World. It features incredible singing, acrobatic work, puppetry, audience participation, and much more! (Like FIRE! and beautiful aerial ballet.) It plays in the gorgeous and brand new Harambe Theater at Disney's Animal Kingdom. The show lasts about 30 minutes and Guests can make FastPass+ reservations for it.
- Finding Nemo - The Musical: This is my ultimate top show at Walt Disney World. It takes place in the Theater in the Wild at Disney's Animal Kingdom is a retelling of Finding Nemo. The best part is that it includes music that was created for the show. (By the people who wrote the music for Frozen, so you know it's catchy!) It includes live actors performing with puppets on stage and is an incredibly unique idea for how to perform a show like this. It is an immersive show with incredible effects. The show lasts 40 minutes and Guests can make FastPass+ reservations for it.
If you like this article, I shamelessly ask that you spread the word about A Disney World After All! Share it on Twitter or Facebook...pin the photos on Pinterest, hit up the Google + emblem...just let others know about us here! Also, make sure to LIKE our Facebook page and find me on Twitter, I'm @RikkiNibs!