- Aloha Isle and Sunshine Tree Terrace will be swapping places beginning this week.They will also be bringing their menus with them in the switch.
- Under the Sea - Journey of the Little Mermaid has reopened from its refurbishment. The new upgrades include a darker "Under the Sea" scene.
- A third theater is being built for Soarin'. Soarin' will also see other upgrades, such as updating the screens and projection system. This update will be introduced in late 2016.
Disney's Hollywood Studios
- Disney has announced that a third track is being constructed for Toy Story Midway Mania. It is expected to debut in late 2016.
- The Galactic Gathering will take place one day prior to Star Wars Weekends, on May 14 from 10:00 a.m. until 3:00 p.m. The special event will cost $250 per person and will include:
- ‘Rebel’ or ‘Empire’ retail MagicBand
- commemorative trading pin
- Darth’s Mall Light Speed Pass, giving expedited entry into Darth’s Mall for all five weekends
- first opportunity to pre-purchase select merchandise including personalized Aurebesh nametags, D-Tech phone cases, Dooney & Bourke handbags, Galactic Gathering Disney Gift card, retail MagicBands, limited edition pins and Vinylmation
- first opportunity to purchase the new designs of Star Wars-themed Disney Gift Cards
- a Han Solo-inspired popcorn bucket with popcorn.
General Walt Disney World News
- A new direct bus service loop will be tested between Typhoon Lagoon and Blizzard Beach beginning March 15. The bus service will be available from midday through one hour after park close.
- The Magic Kingdom Express Beam will see reduced daytime hours beginning March 10 and lasting throughout the summer. The affected days will be Tuesdays and Wednesdays when the Express beam will be closed from 11:30 a.m. through 6:00 p.m.
|Please purchase a subscription through this link and help support this blog.|