News and Rumors are gathered from various different sources. All rumors are rumors and are to be taken as such.
- Pirates of the Caribbean will see a lengthy refurbishment this summer from May 11 through September 25.
- Parts of the new hub have opened, with new grassy areas, sidewalks, fountains, new seating for Casey's Corner and the Plaza Restaurant, and more. In addition, a new fireworks FastPass+ location has opened, in the new Main Street Plaza Gardens, which is adjacent to Crystal Palace.
- The dates for the 2015 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Parties have been announced. Tickets will go on sale in April. Dates are:
- September 15, 18, 20, 22, 25, 27
- October 1, 2, 4, 6, 8, 9, 12, 13, 15, 16, 18, 20, 22, 23, 25, 27, 29, 31
- November 1
- Dates for the 2015 Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party have been released. Tickets will go on sale in April. The party dates are:
- November 8, 10, 12, 13, 15, 17, 19, 20, 29
- December 1, 3, 4, 6, 8, 10, 11, 13, 15, 17, 18
- The Egg-stravaganza Easter Egg Hunt will be returning to World Showcase. For $4.95, guests can purchase a special map that includes stickers that correspond to the actual eggs that can be found in each of the the parks. Guests must search the park and put the character egg sticker on the map where the actual character egg was found! Once all the eggs have been located, guests must return their map to the redemption station for a prize.
- The 2016 Epcot Flower and Garden Festival will be held from March 2 through May 15.
Disney's Hollywood Studios
- Lights, Motors, Action! Extreme Stunt Show will be closed for a refurbishment from April 20-24.
- Voyage of the Little Mermaid will be closed September 7-10.
Disney's Animal Kingdom
- New Avatar concept art was released.
- On March 5, at Rafiki's Planet Watch, guests can learn about amphibians and conservation with the "Spring Forward" special event.
- Havaianas has opened in The Landing section.
- Planet Hollywood will be seeing a re-design with the Disney Springs refurbishment. The restaurant will be called Planet Hollywood Observatory and it will receive a new facade, featuring brick on the outside, plus an outdoor bar and expanded terrace. Inside there will be a high-tech planetarium with stars and constellations on the ceiling, as well as Hollywood props and costumes and Hollywood movie features. In addition, a new menu will be rolled out.
- At the Marketplace Co-Op, the WonderGround Gallery, which sells unique artwork, will be moving into a spot being vacated by the Beautifully Disney makeup location. In addition, The Sign Shop, which will offer Disney Parks-inspired signs for sale, will take the place of the WonderGround Gallery’s former space.
- The Village Causeway recently opened, as well as a few new kiosks. They include:
- Kate and Leo: a charming cart features children’s toys, travel games, magnetic story boards, beautiful art supplies and more,
- Icon Jewellery by Bico: Offers jewelry for men and women, featuring iconic and inspirational designs focusing on concepts like love, protection, strength, and luck.
- Flour and Sugar: This shop offers fresh-baked, all-natural gourmet cookies with Florida flavors like coconut, key lime, strawberry and more.
- Florida Bath Company: Specializes in unique, Florida-themed bath products such as bath bombs, salts and soaps, made with home-grown ingredients including organic vegetable juices and essential citrus oils.
- For the Easter week, 1900 Park Fare at Disney's Grand Floridian Resort will be offering a special brunch buffet from March 29 through April 5. Menu items will include breakfast and dinner options.
- Polynesian Volcano Pool could open by the end of this month.
|Download the all NEW Disney Food Blog Guide to Walt Disney World Dining! Read about all the fantastic delights the parks have to offer!|