- Big Thunder Mountain Railroad refurbishment has been pushed back to April 27-30.
- Construction permits have been filed for the Adventureland Veranda, furthering the rumor that it will be turned into a restaurant once again.
- The Tomorrowland Arcade has closed officially as of February 9.
- Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin will be closed for two days, March 4-5.
- Peter Pan's Flight will also be closed for two days, March 5-6.
- Sanuk has officially opened in The Landing section.
- Las Ventanas Restaurant at Disney's Coronado Springs Resort will be open now for dinner.
General Walt Disney World News
- The Richard Petty Driving Experience will be closing at the end of June.
- Eligible Guests staying in a Walt Disney World hotel will now have the option to go directly to their hotel room once it is ready, without the need to stop at the Front Desk, seamlessly streamlining the Guest check-in process. To be eligible for this optional offering, Guests must have the MagicBands for their current stay shipped to their home, as well as completed the Online Check-In process including paying for their reservation in full or establishing a credit card and PIN. They also must provide a method of communication--either text or email. Once Guests have created their MagicBand and had them shipped to their home, they will receive an email making them aware of the service and providing information regarding the other steps they need to take. If the Guest has completed all eligibility steps, they will receive a message via email and/or text prior to their arrival notifying them of their room number and that they have the option of going directly to their room. Upon arriving at the hotel, the Guest will be greeted by Curbside Cast and the Guest can to choose to use the traditional check-in method or to go directly to their room. This process is being slowly phased to all resorts. The schedule is as follows:
- Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodge (including Jambo House, Kidani Village)
- Disney’s Art of Animation Resort
- Disney’s Contemporary Resort (including Bay Lake Tower)
- Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort
- Disney’s Pop Century Resort
- Disney’s Port Orleans Resorts
- Disney’s BoardWalk Inn (including Boardwalk Villas)
- Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa (including Grand Floridian Villas)
- Disney’s Wilderness Lodge (including Wilderness Lodge Villas)
- Disney’s Yacht and Beach Club Resorts (including Beach Club Villas)
- Disney’s All-Star Resorts
- Disney’s Caribbean Beach Resort
- Disney’s Coronado Springs Resort
- Disney’s Old Key West Resort
- Disney’s Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa
|Download the all NEW Disney Food Blog Guide to Walt Disney World Dining! Read about all the fantastic delights the parks have to offer!|