News and Rumors are gathered from various different sources. All rumors are rumors and are to be taken as such.
Disney's Hollywood Studios
- Some of the first details for Star Wars Weekends have been released. Once again, James Arnold Taylor, the voice of Obi-Wan Kenobi in “Star Wars: Clone Wars” will be returning to host each and every weekend. He's the host of the "Stars of the Saga" talk show, which, for this year, will occur in the Theater of the Stars (where Beauty and the Beast - Live on Stage is performed). Darth's Mall will be moving to near the Streets of America. Finally, as part of the evening’s events, there will be the “Summon the Force” celebration, where favorite characters will assemble and social media moments will be shared. The evening will end with the “Symphony in the Stars” fireworks extravaganza.
Disney's Animal Kingdom
- Flame Tree Barbeque's refurbishment has been extended. It will now take place until April 22.
General Walt Disney World News
- Walt Disney World ticket prices have increased. The cost for a one day, Magic Kingdom ticket is now $105 for those ages 10 and up. The cost for a one day ticket for Epcot, Disney's Hollywood Studios, or Disney's Animal Kingdom is now $97 for adults ages 10 and up. In addition, all other Magic Your Way ticket prices increased. Other changes include a one day ticket for the water parks will now allow guests in to both Disney's Blizzard Beach and Disney's Typhoon Lagoon in one day, when both parks are open. Finally, Disney has removed the No Expiration option for guests to purchase, which means that from here on out, guests will no longer be able to purchase that option. Those who have purchased No Expiration tickets in the past are still valid. For more information about the ticket price, read my post from TouringPlans.com.
- Disney is testing a direct route to Disney's Typhoon Lagoon from a few different hotels. The routes are:
Buses will operate approximately every 20 minutes, with service beginning 30 minutes prior to park open and ending 1 hour after park close.
- Wilderness Lodge/Contemporary Resort to Disney's Typhoon Lagoon
- Polynesian Village Resort/Grand Floridian Resort & Spa to Disney's Typhoon Lagoon
- Sound Lion has officially opened.
- Erin McKenna's Bakery has officially opened.
- Is Aloha Isle closing to make way for the upcoming restaurant refurbishment at the Adventureland Veranda? Also, could the theme be centered around Princess and the Frog?
- Epcot will likely be offering a new show in the Japan Pavilion at Epcot themed around Tokyo’s Harajuku, a neighborhood known for attracting Japanese teens and young adults and their unique fashions.
|Please purchase a subscription through this link and help support this blog.|