News and Rumors are gathered from various different sources. All rumors are rumors and are to be taken as such.
- Cinderella's Royal Table will be closed for a refurbishment from January 5 through March 6.
- Snow White has moved again and can now be found meeting in front of Town Square Theater.
- Peter Pan has been relocated to meeting guests near the Adventureland bridge.
- Agent P's World Showcase Adventure received new FONEs, the device used in the game.
Disney's Hollywood Studios
- A brand new event will be taking place from July 5 - September 1 called Frozen Summer Fun - Live. The event will feature:
- Olaf on Summer Vacation: Olaf will keep everyone updated on all his adventures throughout the day. Plus, grab your own Take-Along Olaf (available in locations around the park) so he can join you on your summer vacation. Be sure to tag and share Olaf via social media sites with the hashtag #OlafSummerVacation, as they may potentially be selected to appear as part of the fireworks spectacular.
- Anna and Elsa’s Royal Welcome: Each day, at 11:00 a.m. a Frozen mini-parade will take place. The parade will start with Anna and Elsa who will make their way down Hollywood Boulevard in a horse-drawn sleigh. Kristoff will be there, too, joined by skaters, skiers, ice cutters and more! The procession will end at the Sorcerer’s Hat Stage to with a welcome ceremony.
- For the First Time in Forever: A Frozen Sing-Along Celebration: Taking place inside the Premiere Theater, Anna and Elsa will join the Royal Historians of Arendelle for a comedic retelling of the unique history of Arendelle, filled with sing-along moments from Frozen. This will be a 20-minute show presented multiple times each day.
- Wandering Oaken’s Trading Post & Frozen Funland: Inside Soundstage One, Oaken has created a Frozen Funland filled with a frozen pond with ice skating demonstrations, a “Do You Want to Build a Snowman?” kids play area, ice artisans carving gorgeous works of ice art, Frozen merchandise for sale, and special Frozen-inspired food and beverage offerings. Guests will also be able to take pictures with the film’s animated characters in a virtual setting and then be able to share them via social media.
- “Coolest Summer Ever” Dance Party: Starting at 5:30 p.m. each day, head for the Sorcerer’s Hat Stage, where a DJ will spin tunes and a live band will perform with rock and roll hits, as well as a Frozen medley.
- Frozen Fireworks Spectacular: At 9:45 p.m. join Anna, Elsa, Kristoff, and Olaf at the Sorcerer’s Hat Stage for awe-inspiring fireworks set to the music of Frozen!
- For those who enjoy bowling at Splitsville, they are offering a special deal for early birds. If you come in Monday - Friday, from 10:30 a.m. - 12:30 a.m., you'll only pay $10 for adults and $5 for kids. This includes bowling and shoes.
General Walt Disney World News
- If you have a trip scheduled through the remainder of the year, make sure to check both park hours, as well as Extra Magic Hours days, as they have changed for quite a few days throughout the end of the year.
- This summer, Disney and Coca-Cola are teaming together to help Guests create magic by sharing the refreshing taste of Coca-Cola with someone special.From June 30 - August 30, special 20 oz. bottles of Coca-Cola, Diet Coke and Coke Zero will be available at Walt Disney World.
- Disney is offering two new VIP tours. The first is called the The Ultimate Day for Young Families - Walt Disney World VIP Tour Experience and the second is The Ultimate Day of Thrills - Walt Disney World VIP Tour Experience. The cost for these tours are $299 each, per person, access to seven rides across three parks, lunch at a Disney resort and can be booked at 407-WDW-TOUR up to 180 days in advance. Click here for more info.
- For the holiday weekend, Disney is changing up monorail hours. Here's what you can expect to see: July 3 and 4 Monorail Hours
- Express Beam: 7:30am to 2am
- Resort Beam: 7am to 3am
- Epcot Beam 8am to 2:30am
- Express Beam: 8:30am to 11:30pm
- Resort Beam: 7am to midnight
- Epcot Beam: 8am to 11pm
- Blizzard Beach should see it's annual refurbishment from January 4 through March 14.
- The new restaurant taking Kouzzina's place when it closes could be called Trattoria Al Forno and it would serve pizza and pasta.
- Could Hades and Meg become a part of Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party?
- Rumors indicate that Oswald the Lucky Rabbit could be headed to Disney's Hollywood Studios, where Wreck-It Ralph and Vanellope meet currently.
- With the success of the recent hard-ticket events, like Harambe Nights and Villains Unleashed, I would look towards more of these types of hard ticket events getting scheduled for guests to enjoy.
|Download the brand NEW Disney Food Blog Guide to Epcot Snacks e-book! Read about all the fantastic delights that Epcot has to offer!|