News and Rumors are gathered from various different sources. All rumors are rumors and are to be taken as such.
- Big Thunder Mountain Railroad will be closed for a refurbishment from March 4 - 8.
- Pirates of the Caribbean will be closed December 17
Disney's Hollywood Studios
- Star Wars Weekends dates have been announced. They are:
- Weekend I: May 15-17
- Weekend II: May 22-24
- Weekend III: May 29-31
- Weekend IV: June 5-7
- Weekend V: June 12-14
- In addition, also announced for Star Wars Weekends, the fact that the character meals are returning. Jedi Mickey’s Star Wars Dine Dinner at Hollywood and Vine will have guests meeting Jedi Mickey, Princess Leia Minnie, Darth Vader Goofy, Storm Trooper Donald, and Ewoks Chip ‘n’ Dale. The cost for this meal is $57.99 per adult (ages 10 and up) and $34.99 per child (ages 3 to 9). The second character meal that will also be returning is the Star Wars Dine-In Galactic Breakfast at Sci Fi Dine-In Theater and guests can meet characters from the Star Wars universe including Darth Vader, Boba Fett, Greedo, Jawas, and Stormtroopers. The cost for this breakfast is $49.99 per adult (ages 10 and up) and $31.99 per child (ages 3 to 9). These meals are available daily from May 4 through June 14.
Disney's Animal Kingdom
- There has been some character meet and greet shake ups. Daisy is no longer meeting guests, Tarzan is meeting guests now, and Pocahontas has moved to Discovery Island Landing.
- The Intermission Food Court at Disney's All-Star Music Resort has reopened from it's refurbishment. It has a new color scheme, clean lines, and new murals involving the Disney characters.
General Walt Disney World News
- Winter Summerland Mini Golf Course will be closed for a refurbishment beginning January 4. The refurb is expect to last approximately 6 weeks.
- The pre-purchase price of Memory Maker has increased to $169.00.
- Hiro and Baymax may not stick around too much longer
|Download the brand NEW Disney Food Blog Guide to the 2014 Holidays. Find out about this year's holiday festivities.|