The Holidays are a magical time at Walt Disney World and both Disney's Animal Kingdom and Disney's Hollywood Studios have great offerings for guests. Disney's Hollywood Studios takes holiday Hollywood glamor to the next level. At Disney's Animal Kingdom, it's a wild time, yes even around the Christmas season.
Let's start with Disney's Hollywood Studios, as this one of the most magical are the experiences that you can participate in. While this park has only a few things that they do for the holiday season, what they do do is ridiculously awesome!
- A new Frozen package, called the Frozen Holiday Premium Package is available for the holiday season. The cost of these premium event is $89 per adult and $59 per child (age 3-9). Gratuity is included. Tax not included. Guests purchasing the package will get:
- Reserved seating for your choice of a performance of "For the First Time in Forever: A Frozen Sing-Along Celebration."
- Reserved Osborne Family Spectacle of Dancing Lights viewing section.
- Frozen-themed dessert party.
- Holiday themed lithograph
- "Frozen" pin.
Disney's Hollywood Studios Events
This is one of the best Christmas experiences and the best part is that it's included in the price of admission! While it's the common definition of The Osborne Family Spectacle of Dancing Lights, it really is like experiencing Clark Griswold's house from Christmas Vacation, but on steroids! The entirety of the Streets of America are filled with thousands and thousands of lights, decorations, and more. You really won't believe your eyes and huge apparatuses twirl and spin high in the air. In addition, every 15 minutes or so the lights will dance to special music! It's truly a sight to behold. Oh and did I mention that it snows?! (Ok, it's snoap, but still...it's cool!)
The lights take place from November 7 until January 4, 2015
- Meet Santa Goofy on the Streets of America beginning at 6:00 p.m.
- Take a look at the decorations that line Sunset and Hollywood Boulevard. They are made of tinsel to represent Tinsel Town. I love that little touch.
Disney's Animal Kingdom Events
Unfortunately, with the removal of the Mickey's Jingle Jungle Parade earlier this year, Disney's Animal Kingdom doesn't have a lot of events for the Holidays. One wonders what the park will have in store for us in the next few years with the expansions going on in the park.
Character Meet and Greets
- At the Adventurer's Outpost, guests can meet Mickey and Minnie in holiday attire.
- In Dinoland, guests can meet Santa Goofy, as well as Pluto, who's dressed in his holiday finest.
- The decorations here are great. Some are even animal themed! So be on the lookout!
The holiday season at these two parks is a lot of fun. While they aren't nearly as elaborate as they are in the other two parks, they are still a great way to get in the festive mood.
What's your favorite part of either Disney's Hollywood Studios and Disney's Animal Kingdom? Let me know in the comments or on the Facebook page.
If you like this article, I shamelessly ask that you spread the word about A Disney World After All! Share it on Twitter or Facebook...pin the photos on Pinterest, hit up the Google + emblem...just let others know about us here! Also, make sure to LIKE our Facebook page and find me on Twitter, I'm @RikkiNibs!