News and Rumors are gathered from various different sources. All rumors are rumors and are to be taken as such.
- The refurbishment of Yankee Trader to the Haunted Mansion gift shop is going to last a little bit longer. (Ok, a lot longer.) It was originally slated to debut around October 1, but now, it's looking like it won't debut until January 1, 2015.
- The Haunted Mansion will see a closure from December 1 through 19.
- The "Move It, Shake It, Celebrate It" street party will have an amended schedule for August 12, 13, 19, 20 and 29. Performances will only take place at 5:40 p.m. and 7:00 p.m.
- The First Aid Center will be temporarily relocated to the lounge next to Space Mountain. until August 19.
- A new test of the Be Our Guest Restaurant is taking place, where standby guests are given a paper FastPass, with a return time when you will be able to dine at the restaurant. This test is only taking place during the lunch period. Dinner will remain as a table service location.
- Club Villain, a dance party, will be a new addition for Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party. It will take place in the Diamond Horseshoe throughout the night.
Disney's Hollywood Studios
- The Frozen Summer Fun event has been extended. It will now last until September 28, however the fireworks will only take place on Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays, starting Sept. 5. Also, the Premium Packages are back on sale, for the weekend events only.
- Osborne Family Spectacle of Dancing Lights to run from November 7 through January 4, 2015.
Disney's Animal Kingdom
- It's Tough To Be A Bug's refurbishment has been extended. The attraction was originally supposed to reopen on August 11, but it will now be closed until September 27.
General Walt Disney World News
- Characters from the upcoming movie Big Hero 6, Hiro and Baymax, will be debuting at Walt Disney World this Fall. They will likely be meeting at Disney's Hollywood Studios at the Art of Disney Animation.
- There will likely be a surprise character during the Villains Unleashed event.
- At this year's Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party's "Boo To You Parade," expect some changes to characters represented. The Winnie the Pooh float may be removed and Vanellope may take over Goofy's Candy Float.
- The new version of the "Move It, Shake It, Celebrate It" street party could begin October 4.
- Could the Yeti be slated to be fixed soon?
|Please purchase a subscription through this link and help support this blog.|