News and Rumors are gathered from various different sources. All rumors are rumors and are to be taken as such.
- The Golden Oak Outpost has introduced covered waffle fries. There are four options: BLT Waffle Fries topped with Bacon, Lettuce, Tomato, and Ranch Dressing; Brown Gravy and Cheese Waffle Fries topped with Brown Gravy and White Cheddar; Barbecue Pork Waffle Fries topped with Barbecue Pork and Coleslaw; and Tex-Mex Waffle Fries topped with Black Bean Cucumber Relish, warm Cheddar and Slice Jalapenos.
- A new VIP Tour has been introduced for the Epcot Food and Wine Festival. It will include
- A welcome featuring champagne and appetizers at the VIP Lounge in the Festival Center.
- A ride on select attractions: Test Track, Soarin', Spaceship Earth and Seas with Nemo and Friends.
- A beverage tasting at the VIP Lounge, as well as a six course tapas-style lunch including drink pairings.
- A backstage tour of the greenhouses in The Land Pavilion.
- A hosted tasting of three food and beverage pairings from the World Showcase Marketplace.
- VIP seating to one Eat to the Beat Concert.
- Reserved viewing spot for IllumiNations.
Disney's Hollywood Studios
- The American Idol Experience will close for good on August 30. Rumors indicate that the reason behind moving up the closure (which was slated for January originally) is because the Frozen Sing-Along may be heading to that theater.
- FastPass+ is now available for the "For the First Time In Forever - A Frozen Sing-Along" beginning September 2.
- The American Film Institute Showcase has now closed. The shop/exhibit featured movie memorabilia and was the exit location for The Backlot Tour.
- Guests who have purchased the Memory Maker will now be able to have an on-ride video of their experience on Tower of Terror.
Disney's Animal Kingdom
- The Sunrise Safari will be ending on December 28.
- The newly refurbished Captain Cook's has reopened at Disney's Polynesian Village Resort. The counter service restaurant has some new menu options and has removed the touch-screen ordering system.
- Disney is testing where guests no longer have to activate a MagicBand at the time of purchase. This will only be applicable for the original 7 colors, not any of the special edition MagicBands. Guests will be able to link them at a future date, The stores included in this test are: Disney Outfitters, Creature Comforts, Chester and Hester's, as well as and other Walt Disney World Resort locations.
- Disney has entered into an agreement with PANDORA Jewelry. The jewelry will be sold at the parks and PANDORA will be the new sponsor of Wishes.
- Guests using the My Disney Experience app will now be able to view restaurant availability to make Advance Dining Reservations from 20 minutes out. Previously, you could only see availability up to an hour out.
- Work on Star Wars may begin as early as January 2015 and the new area will likely take over much of Echo Lake.
- Illuminations should see new lasers by the end of the year.
|Download the brand NEW Disney Food Blog Guide to the 2014 Epcot International Food and Wine Festival. Find out all the fun for this year's festivities.|