News and Rumors are gathered from various different sources. All rumors are rumors and are to be taken as such.
- Disney has announced that the Yankee Trader store is indeed turning into a Haunted Mansion gift shop.
- AstroOrbiter's refurbishment has been extended until September 27.
- Disney has added a dining package for the Eat to the Beat Concert series.
- Two new events have been added for this year's Epcot Food and Wine Festival. They include The Epcot Food and Wine Festival Premium Package which is available for
guests staying at a Walt Disney World Resort Monday through Thursday, where these guests will be able to visit the "premium Package Areas" giving them access to 10 VIP areas situated around World Showcase
from 12:00 noon until 8:00 p.m. from September
22 through November 6. At these VIP areas, guests will be able to order items from select Marketplaces and have them delivered to them. The package will cost $199, plus tax (plus Epcot
admission). The package will also include an in-room gift with wine
(for those who are 21 and older); a festival wine glass; truffles; and a
special Epcot International Food & Wine Festival MagicBand plus a
$50 Disney Gift Card. Also included in
this Premium Package will be one admission to Epcot Food & Wine
Festival – Late Nights LIVE! (This is the second new event.) Late Nights LIVE is a street party that will take place Tuesdays and Thursdays during the festival,
from 9:45 p.m. – 1:00 a.m. and will include six tastes (food and
beverages) from select marketplaces, live music, a DJ, and other additional entertainment
offerings. The street party will be located between the United Kingdom
Pavilion and World Showcase Plaza. The cost of this event is $79, plus
tax for those who are not taking part in the Epcot Food and Wine
Festival Premium Event.
Disney's Animal Kingdom
- The Wild By Design tour is being cancelled. The last tour will be given on September 26.
- While the Volcano Pool is closed guests of Disney's Polynesian Resort will receive admission to Disney's Blizzard Beach for any day of their stay. Also guests of the Poly can bring their refillable mug and refill it at the water park.
- The Kona Island sushi bar at the Polynesian will be closed for a refurbishment from August 8 through September 30.
General Walt Disney World News
- Effective now, Victoria and Albert's will no longer participate in Tables in Wonderland. In addition, select restaurants will see Tables in Wonderland blackout dates that are in addition to the normal blackout dates. The new dates include–November 23-29; December 21-27; March 8-April 4, 2015; and May 31-June 20, 2015. The restaurants that are impacted are:
- 1900 Park Fare
- Chef Mickey’s
- ‘Ohana (Dinner Only)
- Cinderella’s Royal Table
- Les Chefs de France
- Akershus Royal Banquet Hall
- Le Cellier Steakhouse
|Download the brand NEW Disney Food Blog Guide to the 2014 Epcot International Food and Wine Festival. Find out all the fun for this year's festivities.|