News and Rumors are gathered from various different sources. All rumors are rumors and are to be taken as such.
- Tinker Bell is now meeting in the Town Square Theater on Main Street USA.
- Here's what guests who are experiencing the 24 Hour, Rock Your Disney Side event will see:
- The Incredibles Super Movie Night, from 11:00 pm to 5:00 am, showings of the movie The Incredibles will take place on the RocketTower Plaza Stage’s video screen
- A Disney Villains Pre-Parade called "It's Good To Be Bad" Calvalcade will take place at 10:45pm - featuring baddies like Maleficent from Sleeping Beauty, Cruella De Vil from 101 Dalmatians, the Big Bad Wolf, Stromboli from Pinocchio, and Bowler Hat Guy from Meet the Robinsons.
- Disney’s Up All Night Dance Party
- Dance Party in Frontierland
- A new Marketplace Booth will be added for this year's Epcot Food and Wine Festival called Patagonia Marketplace, featuring items from Chile and Argentina. Dishes will include fresh, sustainable roasted Verlasso salmon, quinoa salad and arugula chimichurri. Also, The Florida Local Marketplace will be renamed the Farm Fresh Marketplace and will serve local flavors, like the Bacon and Eggs, dish featuring applewood-smoked, pepper-coated bacon, sweet corn, potatoes, Hollandaise, and pickled jalapeños. Finally, the Brazil Marketplace will be back and serving the Moqueca de Pescado, a fresh tilapia dish featuring coconut lime sauce and steamed rice.
- Epcot will celebrate World Turtle Day on May 20th at The Seas Pavilion.
Disney's Hollywood Studios
- Star Wars Weekends are utilizing the Aurasma app to include Augmented Reality. It works by holding your smart phone over whatever object is tagged with the A (for Aurasma) symbol, indicating that it would be compatible with the app. Once done, the interactive digital content will spring to life by showing videos, animations, and more.
Disney's Animal Kingdom
- A new shop will be called Mariya's Souvenirs and will be located in the Africa section of the park by Harambe Theater.
- The dining list has been released for Harambe Nights. Here's what you can expect to try:
Fresh Cooked Breads, Salads and More
Watercress, melon, feta and berry balsamic onion salad
Kachumbari salad with tomato, paneer, carrot and cilantro
Roasted beetroot salad with sunflower seeds
Creamy mac ‘n cheese
Spicy vegetable samosa with mango chutney
Traditional naan, onion kulcha and pappadum breads
Roasted pepper hummus, raita and garlic-ginger pickle
Surf and TurfMango, radish, lime and mustard seed salad
Watermelon, cucumber and fennel salad
Coriander chutney roasted potatoes
Line-caught corvina filet with goan curry sauce
On-stage-seared lamb chops with tamarind pomegranate sauce
Slow-cook Action StationsFork-tender peri barbecued pork
Vegetarian eggplant tikka masala curry served over creamy goat cheese pap
Butter chicken thighs
Vegetarian legume wat served over basmati rice
SweetsGolden pineapple with toasted coconut
Apple slices with Amarula caramel sauce
Ripe melon with minted lime yogurt dip
Rice pudding, dried fruit compote and pistachio gremolata
Caramel salted Tanzania chocolate Kenya coffee bite
Chai cream with zebra stripes
Ice cream bars
- At the Polynesian Resort, the Volcano Pool refurbishment work beginning this summer will be include a new aquatic playground with slides for children, a new hot tub, and a larger deck with more seating for guests. Also, for those guests staying at the resort during the pool refurb, one complimentary ticket to Disney’s Blizzard Beach will be given to each member of the their party. Also, the children’s activity center will reopen on June 17 and will now be known as Club Disney, featuring sort of a Little Golden Books feel. Finally, debuting later this year will be the all new Pineapple Lenai kiosk which will sell Dole Whips.
General Walt Disney World News
- "Tom Casey's Let's Get Rockin!" a live interactive band experience, has been extended through September 25.
- A Ratatouille attraction could be on it's way to Epcot.
- Marketplace Co-Op could open on June 6.
|Download the all NEW Disney Food Blog Guide to Magic Kingdom Snacks e-book! Read about all the fantastic delights the Magic Kingdom has to offer!|