News and Rumors are gathered from various different sources. All rumors are rumors and are to be taken as such.
- Seven Dwarfs Mine Train officially opens May 28th.
Disney's Animal Kingdom
- A new hard ticket event will take place on Saturdays from June 7th - August 9th called Harambe Nights. It will include theatrical performance of a new show called "The Lion King: Concert in the Wild." food and beverages, music, characters, merchandise and more.Two categories of seating for the show will be available. Premium Admission costing $134 for adults, and $94 for ages 3-9. Regular tickets will cost $119 for adults, and $79 for ages 3-9.
- Festival of the Lion King will debut in June in the Harambe Theater.
- Rivers of Light was announced as the all new nighttime spectacular headed to the park and will the first nighttime spectacular for Disney's Animal Kingdom and will feature majestic animal imagery, lanterns, and water screens.
- Blink: By Wet Seal has closed. Opening in it's place temporarily will be a World Cup Soccer store.
- The Landing, part of the Disney Springs revitalization project, is expected to debut early 2015. When it does, Downtown Disney will be rebranded as Disney Springs.
- Changes are coming to Disney's Polynesian Resort. First, the name will change to Disney's Polynesian Village Resort. Second, the lobby is getting a revamp with a much smaller fountain. Third, Trader Sam's Grog Grotto will be making it's debut.
General Walt Disney World News
- New maps are coming to My Disney Experience app that appear to be 3D fly-over maps.
- The first parking garage for Downtown Disney/Disney Springs is supposed to be finished by November.
- Could Kristoff and a PUSH-style Olaf be coming to the parks in late 2014?
|Download the all NEW Disney Food Blog Guide to Magic Kingdom Snacks e-book! Read about all the fantastic delights the Magic Kingdom has to offer!|