News and Rumors are gathered from various different sources. All rumors are rumors and are to be taken as such.
- Casey's Corner has reopened from it's refurb minus the bleacher seating and minus the baseball cartoons.
- Epcot's International Food and Wine Festival dates have been announced. The event will start one week earlier, beginning on September 19 and lasting until November 10.
- Epcot's Flower and Garden Festival is approaching rapidly and this week they announced all the menu offerings that will be served. There are a ton of great options, as well as new photos and all of them can be found at my Complete Guide to the Epcot Flower and Garden Festival post.
Disney's Hollywood Studios
- Star Wars Weekends will see an additional fifth weekend! In addition, a fireworks show, called “Symphony in the Stars”, will be shown. However, it does appear that the infamous Hyperspace Hoopla will no longer take place. Also announced was the fact that James Arnold Taylor will be returning this year as the host of all five Star Wars Weekends. Here's the updated list of weekends the event will be taking place:
- May 16 – 18
- May 23 – 25
- May 30 – June 1
- June 6 – 8
- New – June 13 – 15
- The shopping/dining district will be offering a special St. Patrick's Day event. From March 7 -17, Raglan Road will showcase talented Irish bands. Additional events for St. Patrick's Day Weekend include:
- The Raglan Road Dancers, performing daily
- Renowned Irish dancer and choreographer Ronan McCormack of the original Riverdance cast, leading Irish Dance Workshops “From Roots to Riverdance”
- Ceili traditional music and structured set-dancing event, during which host Ronan McCormack invites guest participation
- living statues
- face painting
- Muppets Mighty Family Zone - where guests can snag a photo with Kermit, learn how to draw everyone’s favorite frog, take part in games and DJ dance parties, and more.
- chalk artists transforming the sidewalks with Muppet characters all in tribute to the upcoming release of Muppets Most Wanted.
- The AMC Downtown Disney 24 Dine-In Theatres, they will be showing The Muppets and during the screenings, it will include a 7-minute sneak peak of the upcoming film Muppets Most Wanted.
- Special food and beverage offerings at many of the Downtown Disney restaurants, including the World Showplace of Flavors food truck, which will serve Fisherman's Pie.
- We have a potential date for the closure of Captain Cook's at Disney's Polynesian, which looks to be closing for it's refurb on March 28. A temporary location will be set up in the Great Ceremonial House.
General Walt Disney World News
- Walt Disney World Resort increased ticket prices overall today. To see the full breakdown, make sure to read this blog post.
- A new refillable mugs design has been introduced to Walt Disney World
- The public opening for the Seven Dwarfs Mine Train will likely be around the first of May.
|Download the all NEW Disney Food Blog Guide Walt Disney World Dining! Read about all the fantastic delights the parks have to offer!|