News and Rumors are gathered from various different sources. All rumors are rumors and are to be taken as such.
- I've seen confirmation from Disney that the Festival of Fantasy Parade is scheduled to start in March. It was originally just slated for Spring.
- The Seven Dwarfs Mine Train has been seen testing. We're getting closer to an official opening.
- The artists have been announced for this year's Flower Power Concert Series for the Epcot Flower and Garden Festival. They are:
- March 7-9 The Guess Who “American Woman”
- March 14-16 Gary Lewis and The Playboys “This Diamond Ring”
- March 21-23 The Orchestra starring former members of ELO “Evil Woman”
- March 28-30 The Lovin’ Spoonful “Summer in the City”
- April 4-6 Paul Revere & The Raiders “Good Thing”
- April 11-13 Village People “Y.M.C.A”
- April 18-20 The Grass Roots “Midnight Confessions”
- April 25-27 Herman’s Hermits starring Peter Noone “I’m Henry the VII, I Am”
- May 2-4 Starship starring Mickey Thomas “We Built This City”
- May 9-11 Chubby Checker & The Wildcats “The Twist”
- May 16-18 Alan Parsons Live Project “Eye in the Sky”
Disney's Hollywood Studios
- The Monsters University meet and greet will be closed from Jan. 29 - Feb. 8. It's rumored the area will be going back to a Monsters Inc theme.
Disney's Animal Kingdom
- Creature Comforts, a shop found in Discovery Island will be closing next January. It will reopen in the summer of 2015 and will be turned into a quick service dining location. (Does anyone else smell Starbucks?)
- The Smokehouse, a new counter service location that is attached to House of Blues has opened on the WestSide. Menu items include: pulled pork sandwiches, pulled chicken sandwiches, half-racks of ribs, a turkey leg, a brisket sandwich, and hot dogs. Sides include cole slaw, potato chips, and baked beans.
- Team Mickey is now closed. It will make way for the Marketplace Co Op store, which is comprised of 6 different smaller boutique stores, each selling different and unique merchandise.
General WDW News
- The Wilderness Lodge has rejoined the list of AAA four-diamond-rated hotels
- Some of the nighttime events for Disney's Animal Kingdom could be starting as early as this summer...including, perhaps the new nighttime spectacular.
|Download the Disney Food Blog Guide to Magic Kingdom Snacks! Read about all the fantastic treats the park has to offer|