News and Rumors are gathered from various different sources. All rumors are rumors and are to be taken as such.
- The Celebrate the Magic Castle Projection Show is now showing the special holiday finale, as well as bits inspired by the movie Frozen.
Disney's Hollywood Studios
- Sid Cahuengas has officially closed. It will be converted into a full MyMagic+ service center. The specialty collectable merchandise that was sold here will be moved to the AFI Showcase shop at the end of The Backlot Tour.
- It appears that now Hollywood Studios is testing the tiered Fastpass+ system. FastPass+
experiences will be able to be selected from two groups of attractions. One
selection from the group 1(more of the headliner attractions) and two selections from group 2 (more of the secondary attractions). The groups are as follows:
Group 1 (Choose ONE option)
- Beauty and the Beast
- Rock 'n' Roller Coaster
- Toy Story Mania
Group 2 (Choose TWO options)
- Disney Jr- Live on Stage
- The Great Movie Ride
- Indiana Jones
- Lights, Motors, Action! Extreme Stunt Show
- MuppetVision 3D
- Star Tours
- Tower of Terror
- Pop Century is testing only providing MagicBands to guests. Guests will continue to be able to engage in MyMagic+ testing in the same manner as other resort guests. If a guest would prefer to have a Key To The World card instead, they may, however, it will be a RF-enabled Key To The World card can be issued instead. It will work in the same manner a MagicBand would. Guests will be unable to obtain Legacy FASTPASS tickets because the magnetic strip on the back of the card will be inactive.
General WDW News
- A full list of restaurants have been announced that will be serving Thanksgiving and Christmas meals. Please check my TouringPlans.com post for the full details and list of restaurants.
- MagicBands are being used now for all Extra Magic Hour Mornings to gain entry into the park. Guests bands will be scanned to check eligibility.
- The Comedy Warehouse improv show is slated to be coming back this Holiday Season. Shows should take place in the Premier Theater and should begin around Dec. 21st and last until Jan. 5th.
- It's possible that Aunt Polly's on Tom Sawyer Island at the Magic Kingdom could be open during the busy holiday season.
|Download the Guide to all the best Holiday Delights in Walt Disney World!|