News and Rumors are gathered from various different sources. All rumors are rumors and are to be taken as such.
- This Holiday season, the Jungle Cruise will get an overlay to become the Jingle Cruise. This new version will see the Jungle Cruise skippers who have grown homesick for the holidays, so they’ve added holiday cheer to both the Jungle Cruise queue and boathouse by putting up some decorations that have been mailed to them from home, as well as a few homemade decor. New jokes will also be added, the boats have been renamed, and for those who listen in the queue, a holiday-themed radio broadcast will playing in the background. The Jingle Cruise is expected to begin Nov. 12th.
- Magic Magician Mickey Mouse is now appearing at The Town Square Theater. Did I forget to mention that Mickey talks with guests?
- A special Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom card will be released for guests who attend Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party. This card will feature Huey, Dewey, and Louie.
Disney's Hollywood Studios
- The Hollywood Brown Derby Lounge will open on Oct. 30th. The lounge will be found on the existing patio and is a first come, first served basis. It will serve up small bites and beverages.
- The Festival of the Masters, an arts festival, is scheduled for Nov. 8th - 10th.
- Valet parking is now available at Downtown Disney. Guests can access it through Entrance 4 at Downtown Disney. The service will cost $15 per vehicle (gratuity accepted) and is offered daily from 4 p.m. – 2 a.m. Guests with Tables in Wonderland can receive complimentary valet parking with a valid dining receipt. When you are ready for your car, you either can check in at the valet booth or you can send a text message to a special number. This is scheduled to run through January 1st.
- It was announced earlier that 4 food trucks will be able to be found starting in early Nov. The trucks will be there Wed. - Sun. The trucks will be found on the West Side by House of Blues and Cirque du Soleil. Items will include:
- Superstar Catering: Themed after Disney's Hollywood Studios, this truck's design is stainless steel with teal, tan and orange accents. It will be themed after a very sleek, retro, 1930s Art Deco diner. Menu items include delectable variations on hearty meatballs: a spinach and feta beef meatball sandwich; turkey sausage and golden raisin meatballs on polenta; and a lamb meatball flatbread with tzatziki; plus meatball sliders for kids.
- Namaste Café: Themed after Disney's Animal Kingdom, this truck is the most colorfully decorated truck of all, with art inspired by the colors and textures of Asia. This truck will serve butter chicken, slow-cooked beef short ribs and tandoori spiced shrimp, all served with basmati rice, naan and pickled veggies.
- Fantasy Fare truck will serve dishes from Disney’s Magic Kingdoms around the world. This truck is designed with down-home appeal and a nod to the past. Guests can dine on hand-dipped corn dogs from Disneyland, Croque Monsieur with housemade chips from the Magic Kingdom, and glass noodle salad with chicken and pickled veggies from Hong Kong Disneyland.
- World Showcase of Flavors: features the best of the Epcot International Food & Wine Festival The truck will be green with vintage travel stickers all around. This truck will offerlobster rolls, pierogies and kielbasa and grass-fed beef sliders.
- The Villas at the Grand Floridian have opened. This is the 12th DVC property for Disney.
General WDW News
- This week's Limited Time Magic will allow guests to experience The Happy Haunted Horseshoe. (Otherwise known as The Diamond Horseshoe.) The hall has been redecorated for the holiday. From 11 am – 3 pm, guests are invited to join hostess Miss Betty Blue, as she presents The Cadaver Dans, the piano-playing Dearly Departed Stan, and magician Abner Cadaver. Guests will also be able to grab a Halloweeny treat, including a special cupcake.
- New soda offerings may be coming to Club Cool at Epcot.
- Anna and Elsa from Frozen are expected to start greeting guests on Nov. 1st at Epcot's Norway Pavilion.
|Please purchase a subscription through this link and help support this blog.|