Right now, as we speak, I am getting ready to go to the Epcot Food and Wine Festival. It really is my favorite time of year to visit Walt Disney World.
Today, I thought I'd share a few tips with you on how to best enjoy the 2013 Epcot Food and Wine Festival.
- To avoid large, visit during the weekdays. The weekends are crazy crowded with locals! Monday - Thursday are your friends! Keep in mind that as they day drags on, the crowds get bigger.
- Start visiting he booths at 11 am when they first open.
- Don't eat everything in one day as it's a lot of food that's offered up at the Marketplaces. Spend a couple of days at the event or share dishes amongst the group.
- Pick up a Marketplace Passport souvenir book, which can be stamped at each booth. Each booth has it's own unique stamp.
- Consider getting a Festival gift card. Put a set amount of money on it from your budget. The card can be reloaded and used throughout the resort, if you don't spend it all. Plus, it has a bungee cord attached so you can wear it on your wrist.
- Use your Disney Dining Plan Snack Credits on the many options at the Festival. It's a great use of credits, so look for the Disney Dining Plan logo.
- Seriously, check out the menus ahead of time and get a game plan. It will give you a general idea of what items you want to try.
- Tables tend to be few and far between. Stake out areas that have areas to sit and don't pass up that trash can as a table, while gross, it works. And bring a tray to carry your food around, so when you are looking for a spot to dine, you can carry your food a bit easier.
- Make sure to hydrate when walking around the promenade. You can easily overheat while strolling and eating. It's still super hot in Florida in the Fall.
- Try new things. You never know what you're gonna actually really love.
- Try things that are more unique. I can get Belgium waffles anywhere...but there are certain things I can't get. I tend to try those items.
- Pick up the Disney Food Blog Guide to the 2013 Epcot International Food and Wine Festival. It will help with the planning! (Note...you clicking on that link supports this blog.)
Also, if you like this article, I shamelessly ask that you spread the word! Share it on Twitter or Facebook...pin the photos on Pintrest, hit up the Google + emblem...just let others know about us here! Also, make sure to LIKE our Facebook page and find me on Twitter, I'm @RikkiNibs!