News and Rumors are gathered from various different sources. All rumors are rumors and are to be taken as such.
- Starbucks is currently in testing mode and officially opens on Tuesday.
- A new root beer slush is available at Pecos Bills's. It can be purchased in a souvenir boot and promotes The Lone Ranger.
- Space Mountain will have brief closures during the month of September. Those dates are:
- Sept. 3 - 5
- Sept. 10 - 12
- Sept 23 - 26
- Reservations for the Epcot Food and Wine Festival Premium events go on sale Aug. 13th.
- Spcaceship Earth will be closed for a week-long refurbishment, from Aug. 18 - 25th.
General WDW News
- Another Summer Limited Time Magic event. Guests who visit Disney's Hollywood Studios from now until Aug. 3rd will have the opportunity to see a sneak preview of The Lone Ranger in the ABC Sound Studio (formerly Sounds Dangerous).
- Disney will be celebrating Independance Week at the Magic Kingdom from July 1st - 7th. In the afternoon, as pre-parade will take place featuring some of Disney's best loved characters, the Citizens of Main Street, the Main Street Philharmonic, as well as a horse-drawn calliope. Each night, the Magic Kingdom will light up the sky with a special showing of Disney's Celebrate America! A Fourth of July Concert in the Sky. This show will last 15 minutes and include 360 degree fireworks. At Epcot, get in on the celebration for the Fourth only, by introducing “The Voices of Liberty Fourth of July Concert.” This show will not only feature the infamous Voices of Liberty, but will also include the Spirit of America Fife and Drum Corps, as well as Disney characters. Disney characters will also be found dressed in their Patriotic best. At Hollywood Studios for the day, catch the all new “Rockin’ 4th of July Celebration.” The party kicks off with a dance party with a DJ spinning tunes at the Sorcerer’s Hat and then enjoy performances from Mulch, Sweat, and Shears. Make sure not to miss the rock ‘n roll fireworks spectacular at 10:15 pm that night.
- A very large MyMagic+ test will be going live this week, including the Magic Bands. Guests participating have already been notified.
- With D23 coming, the rumors are floating rapidly that Disney's Hollywood Studios will be getting some form of Carsland, as well as a potential Star Wars Land.
|Download the 2013 Guide to Dining at Walt Disney World for those summer trips to the World!|