News and Rumors are gathered from various different sources. All rumors are rumors and are to be taken as such.
- The new France artisan ice cream and sorbet shop has a new name, L’Artisan des Glaces. It is set to open mid-June.
Disney's Hollywood Studios
- Fantasmic! will be seeing a test this week of FASTPASS from April 22 - 27. During the test, Cast Members will be handing out tickets at the Hollywood Studios Tip Board after 12:00 pm.
Disney's Animal Kingdom
- The Wilderness Explorers game set to debut this year will have guests armed with field guides, tasked with completing challenges aimed at deepening their understanding of animals and the world that we live in. Guests will have the opportunity to earn up to 30 different sticker badges in a self guided tour exploring the park at their leisure.The game will be geared for ages 7-10, but any age can play along.
- The Adventurers Outpost will debut May 12.
- Car Masters Weekend will take place on June 14 – 16. The event will offer a car show, chances to meet some of the Cars and Cars 2 characters, Cars filmmaker Jay Ward and automotive designer Chip Foose. In addition, there will be a Cars and Cars 2 movie marathon at the AMC Theater, food and drink, live entertainment, caricatures, and more.
General WDW News
- This week's Limited Time Magic is a Party! A Party for the Planet! Guests who visit Disney's Animal Kingdom will get the opportunity to meet less seen characters, who will take part in a DJ dance party in Dinoland USA and also will take part in the Jammin Jungle Parade. They include: Thumper, Miss Bunny, Koda, Kenai, Lilo, Stitch, Flik, and Princess Atta. Also, guests will get the opportunity to purchase the Worms and Dirt tart, which will be found at Tony’s Town Square and Liberty Tree Tavern in the MK, Kringla Bakeri Og Café and Sunshine Seasons at Epcot, plus at Capt. Cook’s at the Polynesian Resort. In addition, a Worms and Dirt cupcake will be available at will be found at ABC Commissary, Pizza Planet, Backlot Express, Studio Catering Co. and Starring Rolls Cafe at Disney’s Hollywood Studios, and Kusafari Coffee Shop and Bakery and the espresso and coffee cart at Disney’s Animal Kingdom. Plus at Kona Cafe at the Polynesian.
- Annual Passholders who love Blizzard Beach will get the opportunity to get in for free after 2 pm on May 9 and 16.
- Another component of the MyMagic+ system has come on line. Now guests will have the opportunity to be checked in the the Mobile Lobby Experience which equips Cast Members with iPads, allowing them to check in guests from locations other than the front desk.
- The AFI Showcase at DHS is potentially getting an Oz: The Great and Powerful display.
|Download the ALL NEW 2013 Guide to Magic Kingdom Snacks. Get $2 off the price by using the code Magic13|