News and Rumors are gathered from various different sources. All rumors are rumors and are to be taken as such.
- The summer edition of The Magic, The Memories, and You has been announced. It will begin on May 25th and is expected to feature Phineas and Ferb. It is rumored that we'll see Lion King , as well as a Little Mermaid characters in this version.
- A new timetable has been announced for the New Fantasyland project. As of right now, the second phase of Storybook Circus, including the second Dueling Dumbo with the indoor queue and Casey Jr. Splash and Soak Station are set to open this July. The Be Our Guest Restaurant, Under The Sea - Journey of The Little Mermaid, Enchanted Tales With Belle, Ariel's Grotto, and Gaston's Tavern have a projected opening date of late 2012, right in time for the Holiday Season. Finally, Disney is expecting to open up The Seven Dwarves Mine Train, as well as putting the remaining finishing touches on this new expansion in late 2014.
- According to newly released concept art, the new version of Test Track will have a very sleek, almost Tron quality look to it. (It is rumored however, that FASTPASS guests will not be able to design their car, however they will have the opportunity to select from several premade versions. Also, in the post show, it's rumored that guests will be able to make a TV commercial featuring their concept vehicle. The physical attraction is not expected to change.)
- The list for the Sounds Like Summer Concert Series is out! June 10-17 – Hotel California – Eagles tribute band June 18-23 – Mike Delguidice & Big Shot – A Billy Joel tribute band June 24-30 – Stayin’ Alive – Bee Gees tribute band July 1-7 – Slippery When Wet – Bon Jovi tribute band July 8-17 – Police Experience – The Police tribute band July 18-21 – Southbound and Company – Lynyrd Skynyrd tribute band July 22-28 – 2U – U2 tribute band
Disney's Animal Kingdom
- The Affection Section at Rafiki's Planet Watch is closing for a refurb until June 10th. If you would like to still have animal encounters, you will be able to at the Conservation Station section.
General WDW News
- Disney is set to test it's newest version of FASTPASS, NextGen technology in May. As part of the test, select random guests will be allowed to select preferred times for attractions prior to their arrival via email. Guests will then be emailed their itineraries and will only be allowed to enter FASTPASS+ attractions they are designated for during that specific time period. (If you forget your designated time, you will be able to check with guest relations or one of the FASTPASS+ locations.) Details are still sketchy on how this is to all play out, but the test will last until May 15th.
- Attention coffee lovers! Starbucks will be coming to Disney! Locations will be placed inside each of the four theme parks, themed in an appropriate manner.
- The rumor is back that a Rapunzel show may be replacing the Beauty and The Beast Show at DHS. It's also rumored that The Theater of the Stars where the show is currently performed is going to become an enclosed theater.
- Rumored NextGen queues at DHS include Great Movie Ride, Indiana Jones Epic Stunt Spectacular, and Beauty and the Beast.
|Download the BEST guide to Disney Food!|