Hi guys!!! Well sorry for the delay this week. I've had lots of things going on...really keeping myself busy with real life (Hey....who invited reality into the mix?!) But here I am with the News and Rumors!!!
And for those of you that missed it, I was really busy last week with all the announcements that took place. If you missed any of the blog posts, make sure to scroll down to read all the news that came with last week's media storm!
- The new changes for the New Fantasyland have officially been announced! (For those who missed it in my previous post or who just want a recap.) Under The Sea--Journey of the Little Mermaid and The Be Our Guest Restaurant, along with Gaston's Tavern, Enchanted Tales With Belle, and Bonjour! Village Gifts are all staying from the previously announced Fantasyland expansion.
- In addition, Dumbo is still going to be moved and become a Dueling Dumbos attraction, with games and interactive experiences for guests to enjoy. This area has been dubbed as Storybook Circus and will be themed, of course, around the Big Top.
- New for the Fantasyland Expansion is going to be the Seven Dwarf Mine Train. This experience will take guests on mixture of an indoor and outdoor roller coaster with trains that will sway back and forth, be accompanied by music from the film and will feature animated figures of Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs.
- However, with the addition of this new roller coaster, we'll be saying good bye to Snow White's Scary Adventure. In it's place, the Princess Fairytale Hall will be constructed. This area is going to be a royal court area where guests can greet princesses such as Cinderella, Aurora, Rapunzel, and Tiana, in addition to a few others.
- Finally, Goofy will still be the host of a kiddie coaster in the Storybook Circus area, but the attraction will be renamed The Great Goofini and will fly high over circus fun. The New Fantasyland is slated to open in phases starting in the Fall of 2012. If you want to read more, scroll down for my Fantasyland Blog post last week.
- The rumors were indeed true. Splash Mountain did indeed receive lap bars in this most recent refurb.
Disney's Hollywood Studios
- Star Tours official opening grand opening date will be May 20th.
- Rumors are floating around that the Haunted Mansion may be seeing some potential upgrades inside the ride. Upgrades may include changes to the Hitchhiking Ghosts (just upgrades, not a removal) and the potential to add an on-ride photo where your ghosts really do indeed follow you home.
- With El Pirata Y El Perico being refurbed, I've seen that it may possibly be getting turned into a Pirates of the Caribbean themed restaurant, to open just in time with the 4th movie's premiere.
- I reported previously that Tink would be making the move over to the Studios in Feb. This appears to be no longer true. Instead she will be found in Epcot during the Flower and Garden Festival with her other fairy friends. No word on where Tink will go once the Festival is over. I've heard rumors that she may be going to the Studios then officially or she may possibly be staying in Epcot.
- The Tron-o-rail wrap may have been the first time Disney decided to wrap a monorail, but I'm hearing it now may not be the last. Once the Tron wrap is removed, we could see a new wrap promoting Cars 2.