News and Rumors are gathered from various different sources. All rumors are rumors and are to be taken as such.
- The Magic Kingdom Parking Lots have seen a redo. The parking lot section names have changed. Originally themed around classic Disney characters and Dwarves, now the new parking lot sections are themed around Villains and Heroes. The new characters include Woody, Aladdin, Peter Pan, Simba, Mulan and Rapunzel (Heroes lot), and Zurg, Jafar, Hook, Scar, Cruella and Ursula (Villains lot).
- For those that will be attending the 40th anniversary (me!) here's a list of what's expected to take place on Oct. 1st:
- A special 40th Anniversary presentation will be held on the Castle Stage at 10am.
- Wishes with a special finale will be held at 9pm.
- 40th Anniversary cupcakes will be available on the Main Street Bakery, along with a whole range of special 40th merchandise.
- Special Artist Appearances
- Plus a few additional surprises
Disney's Hollywood Studios
- New menus have appeared at both Sci Fi Dine In and 50s Prime Time Cafe. Big changes have been made for Sci Fi, where as smaller changes have been made at 50s.
- Primeval Whirl is reopen after a lengthy closure, which started in January.
- Avatar is coming! For those who missed the news, an all new Avatar Land is set to be built in the Animal Kingdom. Work is expected to begin in 2013 with a completion date of around 2016. For my take on the issue, visit this blog post.
- Magic Masters in Downtown Disney's Westside has closed. It will make way for Something Silver.
- The Disney Parks Christmas Parade will be taped in WDW Dec. 2nd and 3rd, with the 4th being available as a rain make up day.
|If you don't already, make sure to get a subscription to Touring Plans.com|