- Columbia Harbor House has unveiled a new menu. Now, guests may dine on grilled salmon with couscous and broccoli, a Lobster Roll, and a Broccoli Peppercorn Salad. Also, now guests who choose can get steamed broccoli as a side instead of fries.
Disney's Hollywood Studios
- The Fantasmic Refurb has been pushed back a few days, now the refurb will begin Jan. 9th. The reopening date will remain the same, Feb. 13th. Also, it appears that Fantasmic will be returning to it's nightly basis, after seeing the schedule all the way into March.
- There are new specialty hot dogs at Fairfax Fare. They are a Macaroni & Cheese and Truffle Oil, a Barbecue Pork and Coleslaw, and a Burrito Dog with Lettuce, Tomato, Cheddar, Jalapeno, and Sour Cream
General WDW News
- All 5 Disney Golf Courses are set to be managed by Arnold Palmer Golf Management.
- Soda prices have increased at the parks, $2.59 and $2.89 respectively.
- The MobileMagic phone app is now free for all Android Phones with the roll out for iPhones coming this Fall.
- A test that is going on right now in the parks is that Disney is sporadically enforcing Fastpass wait times. In the past, if your Fastpass had been expired from that day, you could still use it later in the day with no trouble. Now it appears that Disney may be changing the policy on this.
- It appears that Sanaa has introduced a breakfast option for guests staying at Kidani Village.
- Rumors are saying that the Journey to Narnia attraction at Disney's Hollywood Studios is set to close Sept. 10th.
- It appears that Pirate Goofy is back at Pirates and Woody and Jessie have moved to the Splash exit.
- I've read that more work is being done to prepare for the next potential DVC resort, after the rumored Grand Floridian DVC is built....Ft. Wilderness appears to be next in line for DVC.
- Pete's Silly Slideshow in the new Fantasyland appears to be a meet and greet area, as it was expected to be.
- Duffy will be a meet and greet character for MNSSHP, where he will be dressed like a pumpkin.
- With all the new construction going around at the Magic Kingdom, here's another area that may see some work in the recent future...Cosmic Ray's is expected to get an overhaul and renovation, with the end date expected to be somewhere around Aug. 2012.
- Disney's Animal Kingdom may be testing a character meal for lunch at Tusker House potentially starting later this year.