News and Rumors are gathered from various different sources. All rumors are rumors and are to be taken as such.
- The Haunted Mansion has been seeing it's fair share of work lately. First with the Next Gen Queue coming (some hints of what's to happen from peeks that have been seen through the walls include the Sea Captain and the Organ Player getting significant grave sites.) Another change is on it's way and that appears to be in the end of the attraction. The ghosts are currently no longer hitching a ride with you in your car (meaning, they currently are not sitting with you as they always have been.) However, word is this not final and instead is just a temporary fix. So, don't freak out...it should not stay this way.
- More changes at the MK are being seen as a permit was filed for removal of the Skyway. Now...it is unclear as to where exactly the work is specifically going on. The permit's address that was filed was not for the Skyway Station in Fantasyland, though rumors have been floating around that that particular station's days are numbered as Disney may be looking to expand the pathway in that area in preparation for the crowds that are expected when the New Fantasyland opens up. (Also, it's being rumored that Disney wants to add a Next Gen Queue for Peter Pan and that is bit hard to do currently.) The permit could be for an area near where the Dueling Dumbos are going to be sitting, with many thinking that there may be a significant concrete work under the ground that will need to be removed from the Skyway's turn that was in that area. (This to me, is the most likely option as of right now, since this is an area that's currently being worked on.)
- When guests go to meet Mickey in the Town Square Theater starting in the Spring, they will have the option to obtain a FASTPASS to meet him. It will work just like FASTPASS does for attractions. When you pick one up, you'll be designated a one hour return window for later in your park day. But guests will still be able to stand in the standby line...and will be entertained by a brand new NextGen Queue.
- The Flower and Garden Festival begins March 2nd.
- The Leave a Legacy design that was on Spaceship Earth is now a thing of the past.
Disney's Hollywood Studios
- According to pins that are to be released with the new Star Tours attraction, we may have an idea of some of the destinations that we may be visiting and also what may be happening in those locations. To find out more, check out www.wdwnewstoday.com for the details.
- ESPN The Weekend takes place this weekend, March 4th - 6th.
- The Toy Story Meet and Greet has extended it's hours. The meet and greet will last from 9:30 am til park closing with a break for the Pixar Pals Countdown To Fun Parade (from 2:30 pm - 4:30 pm.)
- Guests who are fans of the Fried Chicken, the Meatloaf, and the Pot Roast at 50s Prime Time Cafe no longer have to choose between one of the 3 for their meal. Now...they have the opportunity to eat all 3 in a brand new tasting plate.
General WDW Resort
- The Yacht and Beach Club's boat dock refurb has been extended to March 24th.
- A Cars 2 meet and greet should be taking place at Disney's Hollywood Studios.
- It's being said that the Hollywood Studios parking lot is going to be reconfigured and the entrance near the Boardwalk may be closed.
- When the Princess take their place in the Town Square Theater they will also have FASTPASS. In addition, a new gift shop will be available when you exit.
- A rumor that something major could be taking place on Tom Sawyer Island.