News and Rumors are gathered from various different sources. All rumors are rumors and are to be taken as such.
- Pirates of the Caribbean's refurbishment will now last from June 8 until September 25.
- A new entertainment group will be joining the lineup of World Showcase artists, called the Mexican Marimba Trio. They perform unique musical pieces centered around the marimba that celebrate the musical heritage of Mexico and the diverse influences on their music and culture. Mexican Marimba Trio will play on Mondays and Tuesdays at 11:30 a.m., 12:15 p.m., 1:00 p.m., 1:45 p.m., 2:30 p.m., 4:15 p.m., and 5:00 p.m.
- The 2015 Sounds Like Summer artists have been announced. The lineup is:
- June 7-13: DSB – A Tribute to Journey
- June 14-20: 2U – A Tribute to U2
- June 21-26: Mike DelGuidice & Big Shot – A Tribute Billy Joel Show
- June 27 – July 4: Don’t Look Back – A Tribute to Boston
- July 5-11: Fire & Ice – A Tribute to Pat Benatar
- July 12-18: Stayin’ Alive – A Tribute to the Bee Gees
- July 19-25: Hotel California – A Salute to the Eagles
Disney's Hollywood Studios
- The Frozen Summer Fun Premium Package is returning for the Frozen Summer Fun LIVE event. The package will cost $69 for adults and $39 for ages 3-9 and will run from June 17 through September 7. The package includes:
- Reserved viewing for Frozen Royal Welcome, complete with refreshments—water, a selection of soft drinks, and ice cream
- Reserved seating for your choice of (1) show time of For the First Time In Forever: A Frozen Sing-Along Celebration
- Frozen Fireworks viewing with dessert party, private viewing of the fireworks paired with Frozen-themed desserts as well as specialty alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages
Disney's Animal Kingdom
- Flame Tree Barbeque's refurbishment has been extended through May 22.
- For Earth Day (April 22) celebrate with the Party for the Planet. The day will include the option to meet Rafiki or Jiminy Cricket at Rafiki's Planet Watch; see conservation displays and presentations; have caricatures done or get your face painted; visit research stations showcasing behind-the-scenes footage of Monkey Kingdom; purchase unique pieces of art from vendors; and purchase a specialty cupcake.
- Beginning on April 20 and continuing through June, work will be conducted during the day on the Tree of Life. Although the workers will be visible, this work will not impact park activities.
- Dockside Margaritas will open on April 23.
General Walt Disney World News
- Disney will begin to introduce new allergy-friendly menus at approximately 120 quick-service and table-service locations. The menus will provide readily available options for guests with special dietary requests. Menu selection focuses on the most common allergens: gluten/wheat, milk, peanut, tree nut and fish. Guests shouldn’t worry that the chef will not speak with them; guests will still be able to consult directly with a restaurant chef or special diets trained cast member, if they choose.
- Disney is testing a new bus route that will bring direct service from the Magic Kingdom to Disney's Wilderness Lodge and Disney's Fort Wilderness Settlement Depot. The shuttle will run from 4:00 p.m. until 11:30 p.m. for four weeks beginning April 20.
- Could Fulton's be closing eventually with the rehab of Downtown Disney and come back with a new theme?
- The Hatbox Ghost may eventually also make his way out to the Magic Kingdom, as well.
|Download the ALL NEW 2015 Guide to Magic Kingdom Snacks. See the great things the park has to offer!|