It is time! The 2015 Epcot Flower and Garden Festival has begun today, March 4, and run through May 17th. This is the Festival's 22nd year. Each year the Festival offers beautiful gardens, topiaries, butterfly gardens, celebrity presentations, the Garden Rocks Concert Series, food booths, and much, much more!
Today, I present to you this full guide to experiencing the Epcot Flower and Garden Festival.
Every year brings about some new items and this year. This year they include:
- Topiary versions of Elsa and Anna from Frozen. They will be found in the World Showcase Plaza.
- The fantastic food booths, known as Outdoor Kitchens are back. This year brings the Botana Botanico booth, which will be located between the France and Morocco pavilions and will features Cachapas with Farmer's Cheese, a sweet yellow corn pancake, as well as a Coconut Tres Leches. Beverages will include a non-alcophic punch, La Tizana, but for those who want an adult version, they can choose to add a spash of orange liquer.
- The front entrance garden will feature topiaries of Chip and Dale in the “Goofy About Spring” floral vignettes. Topiary Goofy, Daisy and Pluto will also be
in on the fun topiaries
will be Chip and Dale taking a star turn in two whimsical Epcot front-entrance
“Goofy About Spring” floral vignettes. Topiary Goofy, Daisy and Pluto will be
in on the funOther brand-new Disney character topiaries will be Chip and Dale taking a star turn in two whimsical Epcot front-entrance “Goofy About Spring” floral vignettes. Topiary Goofy, Daisy and Pluto will be in on the fun. - See more at: http://wdwnews.com/releases/2014/11/12/fresh-flavors-gardens-music-and-fun-on-tap-march-4-may-17-2015-at-22nd-epcot-international-flower-garden-festival/#sthash.PwYudmCp.dpufOther brand-new Disney character topiaries will be Chip and Dale taking a star turn in two whimsical Epcot front-entrance “Goofy About Spring” floral vignettes. Topiary Goofy, Daisy and Pluto will be in on the fun. - See more at: http://wdwnews.com/releases/2014/11/12/fresh-flavors-gardens-music-and-fun-on-tap-march-4-may-17-2015-at-22nd-epcot-international-flower-garden-festival/#sthash.PwYudmCp.dpuf
- The Flower Power Concert Series transforms into the Garden Rocks Concert Series. Artists will now include acts from the 1960s-1990s. New acts will include the Gin Blossoms, Pablo Cruise, En Vogue, Jon Secada, Taylor Dayne, and Little River Band.
Ten new mini-gardens will be added to the festival. They are:
- Prehistoric Plants
- Trial Garden
- Disney’s Inside Out Emotion Garden
- Health and Healing Garden
- Pepper Fire Garden
- Pizzeria Garden
- Japanese Mini Garden
- Pollinator’s Paradise
- Bold Bromeliads
- Shakespeare Garden
The topiaries are always my favorite part of the Epcot Flower and Garden Festival. These plants, which are sculpted into wonderful works of art, are always stunning and so incredibly detailed. It's amazing how they take different plant substances to make these creative pieces.
Here is a look at which topiaries will be found in 2015 and where:
Farmer Mickey and Minnie
Between Future World and World Showcase
Test Track Walkway
Phineas and Ferb
Mike and Sulley
|Future World West|
|Behind Spaceship Earth|
Bambi and Friends
Peter Pan and Captain Hook
United Kingdom Pavilion
Winnie the Pooh
United Kingdom Pavilion
Cinderella and Prince Charming
Beauty and the Beast
American Adventure Pavilion
Lady and the Tramp
Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs
The Lion King
|Year of the Ram||
Goofy About Spring
Garden Rocks Concert Series
- March 6-8: Gin Blossoms (Hey Jealousy)
- March 13-15: Pablo Cruise (Love Will Find a Way)
- March 20-22: En Vogue (Free Your Mind)
- March 27-29: Starship (We Built This City)
- April 3-5: The Orchestra starring former members of ELO (Evil Woman)
- April 10-12: The Village People (Y.M.C.A.)
- April 17-19: Jon Secada (Just Another Day)
- April 24-26: The Guess Who (These Eyes)
- May 1-3: Taylor Dayne (Tell It to My Heart)
- May 8-10: Little River Band (Lady)
- May 15-17: Herman’s Hermits starring Peter Noone (I’m Henry the VIII, I Am)
The Festival Center is the hub for the Epcot Flower and Garden Festival. This location (which is the former location of the Wonders of Life Pavilion) holds special gardening workshops where you'll be able to hear tips from Disney gardeners. You'll also be able to shop for Festival merchandise, and more. The Festival Center will only be open on Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays.
Each weekend features hands-on presentations at the Greenhouse Stage at 11:00 a.m. and at 2:00 p.m. and live demonstrations on the Fresh Epcot Stage at 12:00 p.m. and 3:00 p.m.
In addition, guests can stop by the Intermissions Café, which features a fine selection of wine, cheese, wraps and salads.
Fun Fresh Weekends
Each weekend will be known as the Fun Fresh Weekends, but select weekends will also include a special extra theme. They are:
- March 13-15: Spring into Spring Weekend Presented by Joffrey’s Coffee
- March 16-17:St. Patrick’s Day Celebration at the American Adventure
March 27-29: Art in the Garden Weekend – From 11:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m., see nature through the eyes of “Plein Air” artists, along with one-of-a-kind works of art in our Guest Artist booths—all located throughout World Showcase.
April 17-22: Earth Day Weekend – April 17 through 19, meet specialists from Disney’s Animal Kingdom. Then on April 22, hear about conservation efforts to protect coral reefs, sea turtles, sharks and more at The Seas with Nemo & Friends and see the grand reveal of the finalized sand sculpture based off the Disneynature film Monkey Kingdom.
April 24-26: Florida Fresh Weekend – From 10:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., head for the Festival Center and discover why Florida is one of the top agriculture producing states in the nation!
May 1-3: See a stunning display of hibiscus in a wide array of colors at the Hibiscus Show.
- Epcot Gardens of the World Tour
Be treated to fanciful floral displays on this 3-hour tour held only during the Epcot International Flower & Garden Festival on Monday, Tuesday, Thusday & Friday from 9 a.m. to noon. A disney Horticulturist will be your host on a tour of special displays and award-winning international gardens. The tour costs $64.00 per person, ages 16 and up. To book, call 407-WDW-TOUR (939-8687).
- English Tea Garden – Presented by Twinings
Enjoy the history and art of tea blending during a guided 20-minute tour of an elegant English Tea Garden, featuring some of Twinings finest tea blends. To register, sign-up in The Tea Caddy at the United Kingdom Pavilion.
Last year was the first year for the Outdoor Kitchens (which were known as Marketplace Kiosks). These Kitchens focus on serving small bites of delectable treats and beverages with a focus on fresh ingredients.
The booths are similar to what you would see at the Epcot Food and Wine Festival. There will be 11 kitchens total, found throughout World Showcase.
Here is the full list of all the Outdoor Kitchens that will be featured during this year’s festival:
Jardin de Fiestas (Mexico Pavilion) - Enjoy flavors like savory tacos and fruity cocktails.
- Tacos al pastor – Corn tortilla filled with achiote-marinated pork, garnished with grilled diced pineapple, onions and cilantro
- Quesadilla de hongos con queso – Flour tortilla filled with mushrooms and cheese
- Flan de chocolate Abuelita – Mexican chocolate custard
- NEW! Tecate Draft Beer with Patrón Citrónge
- Mexican sangria
- NEW! Blueberry Pomegranate Margarita on the Rocks
- NEW! Tequila Liqueur Flight (flavored tequilas)
|Candied Strawberries ©Disney|
Lotus House (China Pavilion) - Dine on a variety of Chinese cuisine, like popular street foods and bubble tea.
- Beijing-style candied strawberries
- NEW! Kung Pao Chicken Bun
- Vegetable spring rolls
- Oolong Peach Bubble Tea
- Kung Fu Punch – Vodka and triple sec with mango and orange juice
- South Sea Storm – Guava juice with light and dark rum
- Plum wine
- Tsing-Tao beer
- Honey Mango Wine Cooler
Florida Fresh (Germany Pavilion) - Savor fresh Florida ingredients that are grown and produced locally.
- Watermelon salad with pickled onions, BW Farm baby arugula, feta cheese and balsamic reduction
- Shrimp and stone ground grits with andouille sausage, sweet corn, tomatoes and cilantro
- NEW! Florida Blueberry and Lemon Curd Tart
- Watermelon passion fruit slush featuring Simply Lemonade
- Key Lime Sparkling Wine
- Blonde Ale, Orlando Brewing Company
- Channel Marker Red Ale
- Feast of Flowers Farmhouse Ale, Florida Beer Company
- Jai Alai
- Beer Flight: Blonde Ale, Channel Marker Red Ale, Jai Alai, Feast of Flowers Farmhouse Ale
|Feast of Flowers ©Disney|
|Watermelon Salad ©Disney|
|Shrimp and Grits ©Disney|
Primavera Kitchen (Italy Pavilion) - Sample some of this country’s many flavors like caprese, manicotti, torte di ricotta and Italian wines.
- NEW! Fior di Latte, Prosciutto e Pane di Casa — Pinwheel of Mozzarella, Prosciutto, Ciabatta Bread
- Three cheese manicotti – Egg pasta stuffed with ricotta, mozzarella, parmesan, tomato sauce and béchamel
- NEW! Limoncello Panna Cotta — Lemon custard, limoncello liqueur, raspberries
- Placido Pinot Grigio
- Placido Chianti
- Bosco del Merlo Prosecco
- White peach bellini – Prosecco and white peach puree
- Strawberry rossini – Prosecco and marinated strawberries
- Frozen Italian primavera – Assorted fruit slushy with limoncello and vodka
- Moretti Lager
- Moretti La Rossa
The Smokehouse: Barbecue and Brews (American Adventure Pavilion) - Celebrate the truly American tradition of barbeque, paired with craft brews from across the country.
- Pulled pig slider with cole slaw
- NEW! Beef Brisket Burnt Ends Hash with White Cheddar Fondue and Pickled Jalapeños
- NEW! Smoked Debreziner Sausage with House Made Kraut and Mustard
- “Piggylicous” bacon cupcake with maple frosting and pretzel crunch featuring Nueske’s Applewood Smoked Bacon
- Billy’s Chilies, Twisted Pine Brewing Company
- Floridian Hefeweizen
- Category 3 IPA
- NEW! Maple Bacon Stout
- Beer Flight
- The Original Rib Shack Red Wine
- NEW! Frozen Lemonade (with Palm Ridge Reserve Whiskey Optional)
- NEW! R.C. Sweet Tea made with Twinings Cold-Brewed English Classic Tea
|Piggylicious Bacon cupcake ©Disney|
|Pulled Pig Slider ©Disney|
Hanami (Japan Pavilion) - Hanami is a traditional custom of enjoying the beauty of flowers. Take in the gorgeousness while enjoying delicate bites and refreshing beverages.
- Frushi – Fresh pineapple, strawberries and melon, rolled with coconut rice, topped with raspberry sauce, sprinkled with toasted coconut and served with whipped cream on the side
- NEW! Teriyaki Curry Bun — Steamed bun filled with chicken, vegetables, curry and sweet sauce
- NEW! Osaka Salmon Sushi – “Hako-sushi” Box style Sushi with Salmon and Rice, topped with Dynamite, Volcano and Eel sauce
- Kirin draft beer
- NEW! Strawberry Nigori
- NEW! Daishichi Kimoto Sake
Taste of Marrakesh (Morocco Pavilion) - Discover the tastes on North African spices which will be paired with fresh ingredients, as well as Moroccan beer and wine.
- NEW! Falafel Pocket with Cucumber Tomato Salad and Tahini Sauce
- Harissa chicken kebab with couscous salad
- NEW! Pistachio Baklava
- Mint iced tea
- White sangria
- Guerrouane red
- Casa Beer
- Desert Rose – Sparkling wine with pomegranate liqueur
NEW! - Botanas Botánico - Items with a South American Flair
- Seafood Ceviche - Shrimp, Scallops, and Grouper with mango and avocado
- Cachapa con Queso
- White Corn Arepa with Braised Beef and Chayote Slaw
- Coconut Tres Leches
- Polar Beer
- La Tizana
- Monte Paschoal Reserve Tannat
- Monte Paschoal Natural Brut White Sparkling Wine
Fleur de Lys (France Pavilion) - Indulge your senses in France’s most magnificent culinary masterpieces.
- Gnocchi Parisien à la Provençal – Parisian-style dumplings with vegetables and mushrooms
- Confit de canard, pommes de terre Sarladaise – Pulled duck confit with garlic and parsley potatoes
- NEW! Macaron Guimauve à la Fraise, a Strawberry Marshmallow Macaron
- NEW! Ice Pop Combination of French Peach Iced Tea, Grand Marnier Peach Raspberry Liqueur, and Vodka.
- La Vie en Rose frozen slush – Vodka, Grey Goose Orange, St. Germain Liquor, and white and red cranberry juice
- Kir Imperial – Sparkling wine, Chambord and black raspberry liquor
- Kronenbourg Blanc 1664 – Fruity white beer with citrus note
Pineapple Promenade (Canada Pavilion) - Eat up (quite literally) as you try all kinds of treats featuring delicious and juicy pineapples.
- NEW! Pineapple Dog – Spicy Hot Dog with Pineapple Chutney and Sriracha Mayo
- Dole Whip
- NEW! Pineapple Soft Serve with Sammy’s Beach Bar Red Head Macadamia Nut Flavored Rum
- Dole Whip with Parrot Bay coconut rum
- NEW! Ace Pineapple Hard Cider
- Frozen desert violet lemonade featuring Simply Lemonade (nonalcoholic)
- Sparkling Pineapple Wine, Florida Orange Groves Winery, St, Petersburg,FL
- Berry Tea Cocktail with Twinings Cold-Brewed Mixed Berry Tea
|Berry Tea Cocktail ©Disney|
Urban Farm Eats - Taste treats from this booth’s all natural menu, with dishes that have been cultivated from the soil.
- NEW! Kale Salad with Dried Cherries, Almonds, and Goat Cheese with White Balsamic Vinaigrette
- NEW! Quinoa Vegetable “Naanwich” with Arugula Pesto and Oven-Dried Tomatoes
- Ghost pepper-dusted tilapia with crisp winter melon slaw and mint oil featuring The Original Sauce Man’s Kick It Up Rub
- NEW! Urban Mary: Spicy Tomato Juice, Lime Juice, and Worcestershire, with shot of Vodka (optional)
- Cucumber lemon spa water, finished with a sprig of fresh mint
- Hess Shirtail Creek Vineyard, Chardonnay
- King Estate Acrobat Pinot Noir
- Crispin Blackberry Pear Cider
Don't forget to pick up your Garden Passport. This is a special booklet that you should get stamped as you visit the Outdoor Kitchens. Passports can be picked up at the Festival Center, at any DVC Information Booth, or at the Outdoor Kitchens.
Fun For Kids
The kiddos aren't left out during this event. Quite a few new additions have been added that will appeal for the entire family.
- Cactus Road Rally with Mater and Lightning McQueen: Play at this exciting stop located at Test Track Walkway.
- Mike & Sulley's Monstrous Garden: Scare up some fun at this vibrant play area on Imagination Walkway.
- Butterflies on the Go: Don’t miss the chance to catch a glimpse of gorgeous butterflies as they flutter about at this magical stop.
There will be quite a few areas where guests can pick up a fun gardening or Epcot Flower and Garden Festival trinkets. Special Festival merchandise is created exclusively for this event. Items include plush, mugs, ears, shirts, wind chimes, pins, and artwork. Consult your Festival Guide Map for shopping locations.
There are also a few odds and ends you should know about. The Illuminated Gardens and Topiaries are back. Each evening, enjoy your walk around World Showcase just a little more as the topiaries are illuminated and twinkle.
Look for a new mini Disney Gift Card that is exclusive to the Epcot International Flower & Garden Festival. The neat thing about the card is that it has a bungee cord so you can wear it around your wrist and simply swipe to pay for food and more. The card can be reloaded as many times as you want at most festival kiosks.
The Epcot Flower and Garden Festival is such a great event. It's the sign that Spring is just around the corner and it really gets me in the warmer weather mindset. There's a ton of things to offer everyone and it just amazes me how much bigger this event just seems to be getting year after year.
What do you look forward to experiencing at the Epcot Flower and Garden Festival. Let me know in the comments or on the Facebook page!
If you like this article, I shamelessly ask that you spread the word! Share it on Twitter or Facebook...pin the photos on Pintrest, hit up the Google + emblem...just let others know about us here! Also, make sure to LIKE our Facebook page and find me on Twitter, I'm @RikkiNibs!